Friday, January 4, 2013

Handmade Satisfaction

I decided back in October that it would be my goal to make 75% of my Christmas gifts, and looking back on it now may have been a crazy goal...that ended up being totally satisfying! Not only did I learn a heck of a lot about how to do certain things, I also taught myself some noteworthy time management skills that I hadn't taken notice of previously.

The fun part was seeing the end product, reactions from gift recipients, and the feeling of still wanting to keep making things even after I had gotten through Christmas! It was life changing. I joked to friends to remind me next year, to not be so ambitious, but the truth is...I'd like to do more next year and have already started on idea generation!

There was a point where I thought "This isn't going to turn out, or, how am I going to finish all this stuff in time?", but have a little faith, some deep sea determination, a good playlist and an encouraging support system and you can do anything you put your mind to. I am grateful for all those, as those were intangible gifts that were given to me even before Christmas.

I hope that everyone had a happy holiday season, here's a peak at what I worked on!

L to R: Lumberjack Flannel Pants, Wooden Spoons, Up-cycled Elevator Button Magnets, Leather Journals

No comments:

Post a Comment