Tuesday, November 20, 2012

LET'S BEGIN SMALL…

I was given a small wooden block with a great saying on it for my birthday this year...

"Enjoy the little things in life, for someday you will realize they were the big things."

It's my "happy-go-to-day-to-day", those little things. People hear me say it all the time and seem to nod in agreement.
Small, little, compact, minimal, mini, bit, elfin, tiny...the little things! These words describe the miniscule in our day to day, but may not have a miniscule impact in the big picture. Even the kind words of "thank you" or "I appreciate..." go further than people give them credit, when we slow down to let them settle in. Taking incremental notice of a particular object that strikes a fancy, could change the whole outlook for the day, if you let the good little things get to you! I dare you to try it. Find something small that makes you smile, and when you're having "a moment", try remember that "little thing" to spark your smile again.

So, for my first post, it's a small step, but small steps have the ability to create a great journey.

1 comment: